We understand that sometimes you may need to return a product you have purchased from a Suffolks Sports. To assist you, we have set out below the Suffolks Sports Returns Policy highlighting key points that you should know.
1. Australian Consumer Law
Our Returns Policy includes, and does not seek to exclude or limit, the rights you have under the Australian Consumer Law (if you are a consumer) and other relevant laws.
If you are a consumer under the Australian Consumer Law:
- Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
- Your rights under the Australian Consumer Law are not limited by a defined time. However, the Australian Consumer Law does recognise that the relevant time period for which a remedy may be available can vary from product to product, depending on factors such as the nature of the product and the price. Suffolks Sports adopts the same approach. As you can appreciate, the type of remedy we can offer you may also vary depending on how long it takes you to return the product to us.
2. How to Return your Product?
(a) Our recommended returns procedure for your benefit
At Suffolks Sports, we understand the importance of our products to our customer’s everyday lives. As such, if you have purchased a product through Suffolks Sports that exhibits a fault our aim is to resolve the issue for you in the fastest time possible.
We are of course available to help you as well and you may contact us via email or call us on (02) 66213047. Our team is also ready to assist you to connect with our manufacturers’ nationwide network of Authorised Repair agents, who are specialised in resolving problems with your product in the fastest time possible.
(b) Returning products to our store
- do not wish to contact the manufacturer;
- are not satisfied with the manufacturer’s remedy;
- are entitled to a refund under the Australian Consumer Law and wish to obtain a refund,
You may bring your product to the sales/service counter at our store to have your product assessed.
i. Please retain your receipt
In order to obtain any remedy from us, you must provide us with clear proof of purchase. The proof of purchase may either be a:
- receipt we issued; or
- bank statement or credit card statement where the amount shown on the statement directly corresponds with the purchase price of the product (where multiple products were purchased in one transaction, this would limit our ability to establish proof of purchase).
If we cannot be satisfied that you purchased the product from us then we may elect whether or not to accept your product for return. For fraud prevention purposes, if you do not have a receipt, and we elect to give you a return we will need to record your personal details.
ii. Product assessment
Once proof of purchase has been established, if the product fault can safely and clearly be determined in store, we will offer you a refund, exchange, repair or Suffolks Sports credit. The available remedy will depend on whether the fault amounts to a major failure. Where the product fault is uncertain, difficult or potentially dangerous to determine in store we will need to consult with the manufacturer or repair agent to determine the fault and resolution. When we send your product to the manufacturer or their repair agent, we will ask them to assess the product and provide their assessment within a reasonable timeframe.
If the manufacturer or repair agent needs to be consulted about the product and you prefer to deal with the manufacturer directly we are willing to let you, as from our experience it is likely to be more time efficient for you. Not only is the manufacturer best suited to assess and help you with your problem because they made your product and know how your product operates, but they are in many circumstances obligated to help you. Suffolks Sports staff are happy to provide you with their relevant contact details to assist you if you wish to contact the manufacturer directly.
Once the product is with the manufacturer or their repair agent, they will determine whether:
- there is no fault found;
- there is a non-major fault which can be easily repaired within a reasonable timeframe;
- there is a major fault found and you are to be offered a replacement or a refund; or
- the product has been damaged or abused through misuse, abnormal use or negligent use.
Where there is no fault found, the product will be returned to the store to be returned to you.
Where the manufacturer’s assessment finds that there is no fault with the product, or that the product been damaged due to misuse, abnormal use or negligent use, we may require you to, in which case you must, pay us for any fee incurred by us in connection with the assessment of your product, and the transportation of your product to and from the manufacturer.
Unfortunately, Suffolks Sports cannot offer a refund or exchange where there is no fault with the product, or the product has been damaged due to misuse, abnormal use or negligent use, whether that has been identified by Suffolks Sports, the manufacturer or the repair agent. However in such case, we may offer you repair of your product at your cost.
If the product does not match its advertised description, Suffolks Sports may provide you with a choice between a refund or Suffolks Sports credit to the value of the product purchased.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
(a) What should I do if I am having difficulties with getting my product to work?
If you are experiencing problems operating your product, we strongly recommend that you contact the manufacturer directly. It is our experience that when customers experience any problem operating their product, it can often be resolved quicker if the manufacturer is involved directly at the early stage. In many cases, the issue may be resolved with some basic “troubleshooting” by the manufacturer, so the manufacturer is always a good first point of contact. Not only is the manufacturer best suited to assess and help you with your problem because they made your product and know how your product operates, but they are in many circumstances obligated to help you.
We are of course available to help you as well and you may contact us via [email protected] or call us on (02) 66213047. Our team is also ready to assist you to connect with our maufacturers’ nationwide network of Authorised Repair agents, who are specialised in resolving problems with your product in the fastest time possible.
(d) What should I do if I have changed my mind and want to return a product?
Please choose carefully as Suffolk Sports does not normally accept return of products where you have simply changed your mind.
(f) What happens if I have purchased a product online and need to return it?
Products purchased online can be returned if they are faulty, and the fault did not arise through any misuse, abnormal use or negligent use of the product. Please ensure you retain your receipt as proof of purchase. We will only refund the delivery fee if the products are determined to be faulty after assessment, and the fault did not arise through any misuse, abnormal use or negligent use of the product.
If you wish to return the product by mail, you will need to coordinate this through our store. Contact us on (02) 6621 3047 and follow our instructions on how to return the product. You can also return the product to our store in person. In both cases, the returns procedure will be in accordance with those terms set out in this Returns Policy.